it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then

Thoughts on a phone call.

Such a simple thing, why procrastinate? Why put off something that will put an end to the worry about things I don't like to name? It's probably nothing anyway.

The pain emanating from my stomach reminds me that something real has happened here; they took a part of me. What once was me- is now just flesh in a test tube somewhere being analyzed. Or maybe it has already been analyzed? Maybe if I make that call they can answer my question-

do I? or do I just have a bullet shaped wound in my stomach where once a cute little beauty mark lived?

I man up, steel my nerves and make the call. I get put on hold for a long time while the friendly nurse retrieves my test results. Seconds take hours and waiting is torturous. She returns and awkwardly states that the doctor has not signed off on my results yet and that she promises they will call me right back.

The waiting game continues. Do I want my phone to ring? I hope so and I hope it happens soon.

1 reverberations:

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.