it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then

She likes the dark.

The wind picked up this evening; it's so alive here. It whips around you as if to say, "Come on! Let's go! I am carrying life! Catch me!"

It makes me want to do pirouettes on my balcony- too bad I don't actually have one.

The artist, sometimes known as Prince, sings to me this evening- I always wonder, what seven will fall? and why? Hopefully, I am not one of them! Maybe I am one of the "young so educated they never grow old"?
;)

A star twinkles and winks at me- I blow a kiss back at the Universe and offer a humble, "Thank you."

I realize, I don't know the words to "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" any longer. Ah, there goes youth right out the french doors and into the wind. I can, however, recite The Lorax and The Walrus and the Carpenter, and surely that counts for something, somewhere.

It's been an odd week. Things have been out of line in my universe... My sister bore a child whom I have yet to meet, but am excited to know soon. And I was happy, but sick.

I feel so at peace here, with the wind. It's like bad things can't linger because they just get blown away. This gives me hope as Spring approaches. Spring has been a rough time of year for me for a long time now- it reminds me of death.

I like how palm trees bend with the wind, it just brushes off their backs and there they stand so straight- never bending in the garish ways of the more rigid oak. I want to be a palm tree- stand tall in the wind of life and let it all just float away...

1 reverberations:

cls said...

I love you.

What's the new kid's name? :)