it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then

Things I love in life!

Just a few quick thoughts!

-making spicy, fried chicken on Sundays! With biscuits and mashed potatoes. Mmmm....

-New Orleans, for some reason anytime I am there my soul feels like, "Yes, this is our place!" I think I fit in here: spicy food (nobody afraid of garlic, cayenne or onions here!); music that shakes your booty and soul simultaneously; people who may seem crazy, but laugh deeper than those from other places; buildings that have stories to tell; and nobody thinks an afternoon cocktail is inappropriate! People here seem to share my ideals in living intensely, having tons of fun and working hard also!

-my dogs. Really, they have taught me how to put another's needs before my own and that there is something bigger than myself in life. They dictate many of my life decisions. I feel like the Universe brought them to me to lead me down the best path.

-the beach. Sigh. Breathe in, breathe out. When you find yourself in water that is over your head and you realize you are suddenly on a lower part of the food chain than on land ;) it is humbling, as being a part of the biggest thing on earth should be. Cleansing, relaxing, reviving. If I can't solve a problem by going to the beach, it has no solution.

-dancing. When someone with a strong lead can lead me around a room and twirl me, all other things cease to exist- but the music, the man and I.

0 reverberations: