it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then

Living the dream

It is funny that when life gets busy, interesting, exciting- it gets hard to make writing it down a priority.  I have seen and learned so much this summer about the ocean, the world, life, myself; but I haven't written any of it down!  How will I remember how I felt, what I was concerned with, what it was like to be here in this time?  I won't is the answer.  I easily have one of the worst memories in the world! At least when it comes to recalling events from the past.  I don't know any of my teachers names from any school level; except for one or two very special ladies.

I feel very blessed by the Universe these days.  How fortunate I am to be able to do what I love!  It occurs to me that I am blessed to know what it is that I love to do with myself.  Some many people just don't.  I don't know if they don't ever consider what they might like to do?  Or if they feel too encumbered by the day to day to go out there and get what they want from the world?  I think many people are afraid to look for other options.  If they are unhappy, they just stick with it and wait for retirement.  Or whatever that mystical hurdle is that they can't see past.

Certainly, in life they are challenges that we all have to deal with to get to our goals.  Sacrifices to make.  Things that stand in our way and sometimes block the light at the end of the tunnel.  There are bridges to cross, or burn, or build.  But, many people do find a way.  I believe there is almost always a way to make your life into what you want it to be.  It is on all of us and in our own capable hands to find our happiness.  To grab the world by the cajones and demand a joyful, fulfilling existence.  If we hate our jobs, we can tell our boss to suck it, and then go find something we like better.  If we are lonely, we can get a dog.  If we are flabby, we can exercise.  If we are uneducated, we can learn.  If we need a change, we can make it.  If we want the world to change, we can start with ourselves and be it.  It might be trite, but "Be the change you want to see in the world" is a pretty solid idea.

I am blessed because I have found what I love to do.  I would do what I do for free, shit I practically already do!  If I was a billionaire, I would be doing what I am doing right now.  I hope and wish for everyone to find the same joy from their lives.  Everyone has something that makes them happier than anything else, the hard part is doing it.  Whether it is just a question of time or money or obligations, you can't deny your passion.  There is always a way to make your life into what you want it to be.

When I find joy in something I had forgotten about, I always think of quote from a silly movie.  In '13 going on 30' Jennifer Garner says something akin to, 'we need to remember what used to be good because it still is'.  That makes happy.  Real movie quote below.

 "I think all of us want to feel something that we've forgotten or turned our backs on...because maybe we didnt realize how much we were leaving behind. We need to remember what used to be good. If we dont, we wont recognize it even if it hits us between the eyes."


And a bonus  quote from the same movie:


"I know Ive made a lot of mistakes, but I dont regret making any of them...because if I hadnt made them I wouldnt have learned how to make things right. "

1 reverberations:

Nicole said...

Love this post!