it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then

I love my sister.

I am rendered ineffective today by last night, which I have affectionately dubbed as "Margarita Madness". So, I checked my email, myspace, read some blogs... then when I ran out of things to do that didn't require usage of my booze soaked brain- I googled myself. I know, you are probably thinking, "Again? What is wrong with this ego-maniacal, freak show?" But, I had a reason. You see I wanted to see if the lab that I started doing research in would appear on a search for me.

I didn't get to check if it did or not because the first thing that came up on google was the sweetest thing anyone has probably ever written or thought about me; it was a "friendster" comment from my big sister many years ago.

It read:

"Someday Rachel is going to be famous.
It's not just her classic good looks, or
her quick wit. It is something intangible,
and untouchable. You never know what
Rachel will try next. Sometimes timid,
sometimes bold. She is an original, an
amazing being with a passion for life.
She's has always been more stylish
than her older siblings, but her fashion
sense is just the outer edge. Rachel is
still experimenting with life. There are so
many things she wants to try, and so
many options in her future. She has
both intelligence and beauty. Rachel is
still looking for her way but someday she
will stumble onto her path and the world
will take notice."

*wipe away a tear*

My sister is so wonderful and I love her so much. She is about 14 days from having her first baby, the soon to be born, Mr. Connor Tipps and I am so happy for her and the happy life that she has made for herself. She is amazingly creative and caring. I couldn't ask for a better sister- except, for my other two sisters, of course, no playing favorites here!

Some times I can't understand how I got so lucky in life. It is truly a wonderful world!

I dare to you watch Louis sing it below and not tear up!

3 reverberations:

cls said...

LoL. Great post. What a sweet sister you have! Margarita Madness, huh? I wish I could have been there!

cls said...

Took you up on that dare...and I failed. I teared up. Dang it, Louie!

~meredith~ said...

Awww. What a sweet post. ;)