it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then

Loving on a Saturday!

I slept in until almost ten today! Now am having a refreshing grilled chicken salad with homeade light ranch dressing. And in a few minutes a friend will pick me up for a morning of burning calories by fighting the waves!

Everything about being at the beach is such a great workout! I think that is part of why I got so fit when I first moved to Corpus Christi!

I would go to the beach almost everyday! But, I had a working car and nothing else to do- which is not exactly the case these days.

My fav. easy marinade for grilled chicken for eating with salads:

2 parts olive oil
1 part redwine vinegar
1 part balsamic vinegar
A few good shakes of Cavender's Greek Seasoning
some cracked black pepper

I pour this directly on the chicken in a tupperware container with a lid and then shake to mix and coat. I think this is best if it marinades for a day, but it tastes good in just thirty minutes! Then, grill it up! I am sure you could bake them also, but here in south Texas we have about 360 days of grilling weather a year, so we make good use of them!

I like to make a few of these at a time and keep them in the fridge. I slice them against the grain for salads by need, so they don't dry out. The flavor of the marinade is so mild, that you can use them with any type of salad or dressing and it doesn't conflict.

Opps... the beach calls, gotta go!
:)

0 reverberations: