it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then

Cookin' up Some Wanderin'!

I love to travel, anywhere and everywhere!  I always envisioned myself globe trotting, but it has  never panned out exactly as I thought it would.  Things like bills, obligations and dogs have gotten in the way and I never set out to roam the world freely.

Now, do not think your girl has given up hope, oh no, I do not believe in giving up!  However, sometimes we must delay our dreams, but we should never stop thinking, "Someday I will."  For me, when I gave up my job as a travel agent to go back to school, I knew I was giving up any hope of travel for a few years and I was ok with that because I knew the end result would be worthwhile.

But, now it is ending!  And I am planning, which is my favorite thing to do!  Where am I planning to roam to?

Well, these things can morph, but the current idea is to fly to Mexico City and spend a day.  Then fly to Cancun, rent a car, and drive down the Riviera Maya stopping at hostels where you can rent a hammock under a palapa for about $12 a night.  Then spend a few days scuba diving, exploring ruins, kayaking, and relaxing on the beach.  Back to Mexico City for another day of exploration, and then home to the doggies I will have missed terribly!

I am SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is on a budget on less than $700 and will be my first international experience in hosteling.  However, the hostel in Mexico City looks amazing!!  I will post pics later as planning becomes cemented.  There is so much to see and do in Mexico City, I have considered leaving out the Cancun part!

4 reverberations:

cls said...

Sounds amazing!! But please be careful. Carry a handgun! :)

Nicole said...

My brother & I stayed at a hostel in Switzerland. Very different, but not too shabby.

Rae said...

I have at hostels in New Orleans and Seattle, but never out of the country. This one in Mexico City, looks nice! I love the social aspect of hostels, very personal!

Rae said...

I will be careful Cass, but prob leaving the gun at home ;)