it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then

Trying

I decided to NOT be productive and to NOT cross anything off of my Sunday "To-Do" list, so I spent most the day trying to eliminate clothes from my closet.

I found about 2 shirts and an old pair of pajama pants that I was willing to part with.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Obviously, I have a long way to go on the wardrobe cleansing.

Still have over 300 days to go, so there's still hope!

I do have a confession, I had to buy 2 bras yesterday, but that was  a necessity because I didn't have any that didn't show through my shirts!

Besides my closet cleansing, I am starting a 40 alcohol fast for Lent.  I don't really drink excessive amounts of alcohol, save for the occasional Mardi Gras parade where I forget gin is not as hydrating as water, but I do drink 1 - 2 alcoholic drinks a day.  Gin and tonic while cooking dinner.  Glass of red wine with dinner.  Bourbon and ginger ale and an episode of 'Bones' or 'How I  met your Mother'.

I am trying to get ready for bikini season, so I figured I could ditch those extra 300 calories or so and increase my progress.  Plus, detoxing the old body is never a bad idea.

Might be slightly hard because I have a conference that is very "social" to go to next week, then there is St. Patty's Day and, oh yeah, MY BIRTHDAY!  I had planned to have a steak and a nice bottle of wine for my 29th; might be the exception to the rule.  We'll see.

2 reverberations:

cls said...

I need to detox my closet, as well. It is a disaster! Like, can't even step inside of it kind of disaster.

Rae said...

Mine too! Too much stuff! It's gonna be a looong and arduous road to closet detoxification.