it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then

Crazy, skinny poem

My favorite poem ever:

"zero."

I must be smaller. I must be better.
I must be perfect. I must get skinnier.

The purpose of life is thinner thighs,
a firmer ass and six pack abs.

In order to matter and not just to be
it is essential that I wear a size three
and try to be like her on TV-
Not like myself,
I don't like me.

I don't eat this. I won't drink that.
I will exist on water and eliminate all fats.

I'll keep my eye on the goal to stay in the game-
always have my rear end in view,
and one day I'll be a size two.

But, it is not enough- so exercise,
take those pills and sweat and cry.
Slim fast, cut back, power bar, try too hard...
Try to fight the cellulite.
Huff and puff, ride the bike,
Concentrate- warp my mind.

Overdo.
Undereat.
Eliminate carbs.
Forget to cheat.

Skip some meals with my over-sized head.
Run in place until I shed
those last five pounds
I may fall down and hit the ground-
but, I have almost won,
my life has meaning,
I AM SIZE ONE!!!!!

Not the time has come,
to separate the real women from the girls...
I'll jam my finger down my throat and make myself hurl.
Laxatives, celebrity diets,
new exercise craze?
It's time to try it!
Cosmo says this,
and I wanna be her in People magazine.
I am insane, but damn I'm lean!
I haven't eaten solid food in a week and I feel like a hero-
The doctors say I may die tomarrow-
BUT I MADE IT TO SIZE ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 reverberations: