it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then

Blah, blah, politics...

I have learned that nothing much can be accomplished by talking to most people about two things:

politics and religion.

So, I generally don't chime in with my opinion about either topic.

My reason for abstaining from debate is that those whose opinions you can sway with a simple argument are generally not worth having on your side.

And the others have opinions which are generally rooted in some deep part of them which just cannot really be touched- which is neither good or bad, it just is.

I think so many political choices are made for social reasons and that drives me crazy! To me running a country and personal opinions about some hot button social/religious issues are as relevant to each other as linking your belief in the Easter Bunny to how you choose your financial investments.

That to me, is the purpose of separation of church and state, and the limiting power of the constitution and state's rights! That, in my opinion, is what the fore fathers intended. Not a two party system which is equivalent to the choice of mashed potatoes or french fries with your steak- either way your are getting the same thing, a hunk of beef and something starchy with lots of transfats hidden inside! And either ways the methane produced by that cow and the pesticides used to grow those potatoes are gonna effect you a lot more in the long run. But, what do I really know?

Absolutely nothing- nothing but oysters and that is how I like it.

I am an optimist on a personal level and a pessimist on a global level. I believe humans are gonna destroy what's left of the earth pretty soon anyway, so in the long run, nothing really matters. This planet is on the fast track to becoming a waste land of jellyfish and sludge. It's only a matter of time before orcas start picking off humans, they will be running out of otters soon and I believe we would be the next available substitute in the food web. ;) (that is kind of a nerdy joke. Kind of).

This whole mess is why I quit wanting to be a Political Science major- I just want everyone to get along and take care of their own business and leave the government to handle to bigger fishes like foreign policy and maybe saving our poor defenseless planet and what not.

Now Biology, that is completely rational, I can handle that! And back to it I now go!
;)

1 reverberations:

Nicole said...

Haha...nice. :o) Kind of off topic but kind of still on: I really want kids, but in the back of my mind I'm thinking, do I really want to bring someone into such an environmentally uncertain world?