it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then

Let me tell it to you straight-

Well, maybe not, I think that may be a task beyond my abilities. So, let me tell it to you biased and one-sided. Yeah, that I can handle.

I don't know how the love that was supposed to last me forever can just be over. I know it was a slow and painful process. I know that to cope with the void it left in me, I pretty much walk around like it never existed. There is no real refuge from the lost love except fictitious abandonment of all that used to mean everything.

It's a sad, sad world when people actually give up on true love because it is inconvenient and the shine has long since faded. Pathetic that people would rather not change themselves or compromise, but instead try to find a better fit elsewhere.

The truth is that there may indeed come a time when so much has transpired that the best option is to walk, or run away- and look for a new beginning. If you can't let go of the past, then the future will never mean anything. Conversely, if you refuse to learn from the past and adapt, then things become stagnant and fester. And worst and maybe most relevantly of all, if you can plan nothing for the future, then you become stuck with nowhere to go- no direction, no compass, a dead end.

It's hard to imagine a love story ending so badly when the characters so perfectly fit together, on paper anyway. I guess it's a different story when you add that third dimension back in- I guess that's the problem with looking at love on paper- it doesn't actually exist in that form and the representation is thus completely worthless.

I have avoided thinking or writing much about this, but I feel like it is probably beyond time to start dealing with it. The future is constantly ticking away with every second and I don't want to get stuck in another dead end while hiding from my failures.

Life goes on. So, I gotta keep up,keep moving and hopefully learn from my mistakes.

0 reverberations: