it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then

Unrealistic

You ever hope that someone will know just the thing to do to fix something?  That just for a moment, they would read your mind and do exactly the right thing?

I hoped that today, I really did.  I hoped that if I explained my feelings to him and how upset I was about the whole thing that he would just show up, and then somehow things would be ok again.

I sat outside for an hour, holding my breath every time a car passed.

I could see how it would transpire in my head.  In that one moment, all could just be absolved- that one moment of perfection.

Alas, no mind reading, no absolution, no perfect moment.  Just me jumping every time a car door closed.

Well, at least I still can feel.

5 reverberations:

Tyly said...

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I wish you the best!

cls said...

Been. Sat baffled, wondering why his car never turned around. I know how you feel.

cls said...

*Been there.

Rae said...

Cass that is so sad, but look where you are now! Things always do work out one way or another. When they don't come, or they don't turn around, it is what is supposed to happen.

cls said...

Indeed. I count my blessings practically daily that that car never turned around!