it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then

My bad poetry knows no limits...

I can't help it; I write the sillliest poems, and I cannot stop! This has been a life long affliction; maybe I should find a support group...

This follows up my last post- I wrote this one of my first nights here.

"Gulf Coast Night"

Another Gulf coast, summer night,

The warm wind blows into my soul,

I take my time and I feel alright,

As the world goes on- and out of control.

I don’t know where I’m going-

And I don’t really care.

I’ve got all I’ve ever wanted- right here.

Finally, gave up on life- in the city

Too much gone wrong- too much nitty gritty.

I’ve got two paychecks in the bank

And lots of time to sit and think

I got my dogs at my side

I got my self and my new beach ride

It’s a baby blue cruiser bike and I ride her along the bay

She is so pretty, little kids point at us and we savor the day.

And we don’t know where we’re going-

And we don’t really care.

We’ve got all we ever wanted- right here.

People here, they don’t know what they got

Taken for granted with no second thought

Rush along, busy, busy, busy…

Take some time and love the city.

It’s not too big

And there’s the charm

No traffic jams

No car alarms

Waking you up at four AM

Go to bed and get up again…

0 reverberations: