it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then

What a ride!!!

This quote was on an email I received from a list serve for science majors here at TAMUCC:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!!"

Simply, exchange the Chardonnay for any interesting red wine and you have a part of my life's philosophy.

I have often said that a life without wine and chocolate isn't worth all the trouble. On that note, I think it is time for Rocky Road ice cream and a glass of Pinot Noir. Don't panic- I haven't lost my mind- the ice cream is light...

Side note: "Don't panic"- another integral part of the philosophy (thanks to Douglass Adams).

Which makes me think to mention, on Thursday I am volunteering for the first time at the Texas Marine Mammal Stranding Network and babysitting a dolphin named Alice. Very exciting!!

'I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, sir,' said Alice, 'Because I'm not myself you see.'

So long and thanks for all the fish!

1 reverberations:

cls said...

what a great quote! I love the use of the word "skidding" in reference to how one should enter their grave. awesome.