it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then

Stupid Genetic Makeup!

I am bored.

I am broke and have taken money from my parents, so I feel guilty spending any on recreation. This rules out the beach most days because of gas costs. This rules out bars and dinners out.

So, I was reflecting on how nice it was living with the blond Rachel. You know, having someone around to chitchat with. Someone to say, "Hell yes, I wanna go to HEB with you!" or, "Margaritas at noon would be perfectly reasonable- after all, it is Tuesday!" or "Yeah ok, I guess we can start our new fitness quest tonight, at eleven pm, after four pitchers of margaritas; let's go play basketball- that is perfectly reasonable!" Mostly, I could use a person to say- "Ok, that's it girlie, lose the sweats, add lip gloss and deodorant- we are going out!"

I feel like I am becoming a hermit.

But, we won't get into that because that is neither here nor there-

The point is I was bored- so, I made a cocktail. Nothing crazy, just a cocktail... then I watched five hours of My Name is Earl that I downloaded.

Then, I started cleaning... for entertainment. I cleaned my whole apartment. I did the dishes, some laundry, tidied up the living room, wiped counters down with antibacterial spray and was cleaning my mirror in the bathroom when my reflection caught my eye- what was I doing? I feel I am a fairly interesting person and I know I am a good friend. I can safely say that people usually have fun around me. Yet, I am cleaning my apartment, which was not terribly dirty, for fun- in my spare time.

It occurred to me that a man would have done something entertaining or fulfilling- maybe gone fishing, or as Rachel imagined, they would have at the very least, conducted light saber practice with Captain Solo; and yet I as a woman, felt compelled to clean. What is wrong with me? I texted Rachel about this epiphany and she texted back, "LOL", her standard response to most things (she is a giggly one); but then she added, "I was about to start cleaning!"

Well I say, no more! I will no longer clean while men fish, play disc golf, shot gun beers and goose the gherkin; I will do these things and more! Well those that are physically possible, and I will start now, right now. The dogs and I are going fishing. Well, not really because I do not have bait, but we will walk down to the pier... or something. Well, we will go outside, at least, and that is a start.

One more euphemism just for fun-

pound the flounder...

and goodnight.

HAHAHAHA.....

ok one more,
grooming the wookie...
no,
performing the Jedi hand trick.
No,
test firing the Death Star....
Yep, that's the one.
;)

Oh, and those Raisenettes, all gone.

2 reverberations:

cls said...

LoL. How funny. I was actually going to do some house-cleaning myself tonight. Why? Because I'd rather clean than do homework. It's a sad existence.

Anonymous said...

I have never had that cleaning problem.

LMAO at 'pound the flounder'.

Blog score- 9.1/10