it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then

Long Distance Sucks Ass, Happy Birthday Chris and other things...

Yeah, that's right I said it sucks ass; not exactly the eloquence I was striving for when I started this blog, but truer words have never been uttered. It has been over a year of long distance, so far, and who knows how many are left? There is no end in sight, our tunnel has no flicker of light right now; just total, complete, ass-sucking darkness.

There are days I know we both want to just throw it all away and give up. We get tired of missing each other and try to be mad at each other. It doesn't work though- because by now, we both realize that inside we are mad at the situation and the distance, not at each other.

It's his birthday and I wanted to be with him, but we had communication break downs and for the first time in years, we didn't wake up in the same bed on his birthday. Well, maybe we didn't last year either, but we left the next day for a week long cruise, so it kinda softened the blow.

Every year that passes I watch as he changes into the most amazing man. When we first started dating again, he was this body-building, Jagermiester chugging, frat boy with aspirations of corporate, white-collar dominance. Now, he is a health obsessed, coffee chugging, grown up man with his own budding business where he creates things with his two skillful hands.

Some things never change- he is still the most handsome and messiest person I have ever known, which luckily for him, tend to balance each other out.
;)

There is no one else on earth for whom I would endure an endless, ass-sucking, long-distance relationship for, but him and I cannot wait to observe what new amazing talents his 26th year will bring him.

4 reverberations:

cls said...

I have to wonder: Why aren't you two together? Long distance DOES suck ass and it always will. Why can't you be together? :(

Tyly said...

I was kind of curious about that too.

Long distance totally blows. I completely understand that, and I hated it. Things just aren't relayed or resolved the same way over the phone as they could be in person. We always tend to fight way more when doing the phone thing.

~meredith~ said...

Life is short. You guys need to be together. You LOVE eachother...and your story reminds me a lot of 13 Going On 30, which I know is random, but it does.

I've never really done the long-distance relationship, but I don't hear good things. I'm sorry. :(

Reading all of your sweet descriptions of him shows how much you love him despite the distance...and love conquers all. (and, as we both know, is also a battlefield!)

Something's Gotta Give said...

Long distance does suck. But if David and I made it through 4.5 years, with him in NY and me in TX, you guys can do it!!