it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then

I don't know what I want.

Right now I think this is my main problem in life- and it applies to all aspects.

I don't know where I wanna go to graduate school- near, far? Masters, PhD? What about my family and friends- if I go too far away, will I ever see them? But, what about adventure? What about really experiencing the west coast or the south? What about love- when do I worry about fitting that in? Which brings me to my next topic:

I don't know what I want in a romantic relationship. I don't think I can really be open to a serious commitment at this point, but there is a guy who is sweet, really sweet who for some reason really likes me. What is wrong with me that I wouldn't want to have a caring and sensitive person as my man? I guess I feel like it is too soon to really move on, but why? Which brings me to my next topic:

I haven't cleaned out my scrapbooks yet- what do you do with a lifetime of memories? If we actually are friends, do I get to leave the pictures there? Obviously, I need to at least go extract any kissing type photos, but to do that I gotta stroll down memory lane and that may require a bottle of wine and the help of a girlfriend.

I think I will at least take that step this weekend. It's time, right?

2 reverberations:

cls said...

Ugh. A conundrum, indeed. I say go for the adventure. Enjoy life while you can.

As far as the scrapbook -- well, do it when you're ready. When you want to and are able. And don't do it alone.

Why do you have to rid yourself of this scrapbook anyway? What's so wrong in keeping the pictures? Just wondering...

Nicole said...

That's hard. Really hard. Been there. Personally, I've thrown out everything that reeks of ex. Except of course, the dog, the sofa, and any clothes an ex might have given me.

I've just had this deal that if I don't want any current boyfriend harboring pictures of ex's, then I shouldn't either.

But this is you and not me. My famous words: do what makes you happy.