it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then

New year, old reflections

Home finally- no more holiday travel please! Give me my dogs, my bed and the sweet, sweet pleasure of my home sweet home.

Last year really flew by! I feel like it was only yesterday I spent the New Year in Austin with my wonderful family and here I am a whole year later, but not feeling too much farther along in life.

I know life is fluid: a series of ebbs and flows which carry us along on our journey, but sometimes I feel like I am going in circles.

Which path to take in life is such a hard decision when they all can look so appealing for such different reasons. Some paths have the allure of the unknown; while others beckon at you, tugging your heartstrings to return back down a familiar path where you have spent happy times before. Excitement vs. familiarity. It's a gamble either way for sure.

I guess I don't yet know how to build a life where I get everything I want, but maybe that is the catch. Life is not a checklist or a mad-lib, but an adventure that gets written as we go along. In the end, we are the choices we make, the risks we take and the people we love along the way.

I guess I just better get out there in the world, there are new chapters yet to be written! Perhaps the best is yet to come!

1 reverberations:

cls said...

Of course you can "play!" I'll send you an email invite and you can contribute to the blog, too! How fun!