it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then

Crafty and clumsy.

I have my family's old dining room table. It's pretty beat up because my sisters and I were quite the terrors in our younger days. I decided to recover the chairs as soon as I brought it into my apartment, but didn't get around to it until yesterday.

See, I had these gorgeous light, green super thread count sheets which I bought in Austin just before I moved, but they didn't match my bedroom's color scheme here, which is brown and red. So, they sat on a shelf; until last week when I realized they matched the living room perfectly and therefore, the top sheet became a curtain and the ugly mini-blinds were banished from my life forever!

Then, it occurred to me the pillowcases could be used to cover the dining room table chairs. My living room and dining room are one large room decorated in brown and blue which feeds into my kitchen which is also green and blue. It was all coming together...

I finished the slightly tedious task of cutting up pillowcases and recovering chairs yesterday afternoon; and I was feeling quite accomplished.

This afternoon, I sat down at the table to study and knocked my glass of Republic of Tea, Raspberry Quince over. It spilled on a chair. Light green fabric and black tea is a bad combination. I scrubbed and now the chair is sitting in front of my french doors drying. Will it pull through? It's just too soon to say.

*sigh*

1 reverberations:

cls said...

Ooh, take a picture and post your new creations!