it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then

Well, I suck, but wine is good

So, apparently I am not going thirty days without drinking alcohol. However, because of this I did discover a delicious wine I never had experienced before... The J. Lohr Wildflower ValdiguiƩ !!!!

The vintage was '04 and it was amazing. Both light and complex; and most importantly, very yummy. Here's what they say:

"Vibrant purple-red in color with youthful hues, our J. Lohr Estates Wildflower ValdiguiƩ has intense varietal aromas of boysenberry, plum, blackberry, and bing cherry preserves. The fruit complexion in the wine is slightly darker--favoring the blackberry and plum fruits-- than in previous vintages. The luscious fruit and lingering acidity make this wine ideal as an aperitif. Serve chilled or try it with fish and chips with aioli mayonnaise for a treat. Drink your last bottle just in time for the release of the new vintage!"

Hmmm... fish and chips are my favorite! But, I have always believed that they belong with beer- something hoppy and malty or.... to be honest, my favorite beer with fish and chips is actually a Velveteen- half Guinness and half apple cider. It goes well together because the cider is sweet which magnifies the salty taste of the fish and chips- and then there is creamy Guinness to top it off- like the whipped cream on a sundae. Mmmmm.... That is what I envision with fish and chips. Who knows- maybe I could, "Go crazy" and try fish and chips with wine. I do remember the wine did make me crave a salty snack- so, it could work.

Side note: I also read that it is a good red wine to share with all you "only white" wine drinkers out there.


2 reverberations:

cls said...

It does sound good...

Anonymous said...

Good words.