it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then

First time I danced with Chris.


Country Club dance in May or so of 7th grade. I have no idea what year that was... 1995? So, 12 years ago? Yeah, that seems right. We danced to "The Dance" by Garth Brooks. I am pretty sure it was a lame sway side to side thing, but we've come a long way since then. Dancing with him comprises some of my happiest moments in life.

A few really good dances we have had recently would include "My Girl" at Sammy Farhat's wedding and "Let's Get it On" at Julie and Joe's wedding. I think Julie has pictures- I should get those. When Chris will consent to dance with me it is like the whole world ceases to exist and it is only him, me and the music; and we are fairytale waltzing. If he would let me, I would dance with him for hours without end, but usually I only get a few choice songs.

Well, here are the girls before the dance; primped and ready to tear it up:

5 reverberations:

cls said...

Oh...my...God. Yes, this was 7th grade. Holy crap. Lol.

And isn't dancing with your sweetie simply the best thing on Earth? It's my favorite thing to do with Aaron. *sigh

Something's Gotta Give said...

Hey, I've been reading your blog, and I just had to comment on the picture. (I found it through Cassie's.) I'm pretty sure I was at that dance too. And I'm pretty sure I had on a similar outfit. (o:

You and Chris are a great couple!

~meredith~ said...

HA! I love that picture. :)

Tyly said...

Was it at the country club? I went to one at that age!

The picture is great!!! :o)

And I love the post about dancing... James and I actually have yet to attend a wedding, dance, etc., so I haven't danced with him to music yet. We have danced around the living room, and that was fun!

Tyly said...

Ok, ok.. I need to read more carefully! I just reread your post and saw that the VERY 1st thing you said is "Country Club dance"... good grief. Then I go ask if it's at the country club! Sorry!

I think I was there, too!!!