it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then

Bad wine = opportunity!

It is always such a big disappointment for me to open up a bottle of wine to find that it tastes funny, or just outright bad.  I hate returning open bottles of wine to the grocery store because generally the clerk is a kid, who doesn't drink wine, and therefore doesn't understand the legitimacy of a bad bottle.  Now assuming the wine is not actually spoiled,  another course of action  is to use the wine to make sangria.

Pour the wine, white or red, over a glass of ice. Now add juice and/or liquor until it tastes better.  That is all.  Truly any juice will work, but some of my favorites include: orange juice, a freshly squeezed lemon and/or lime, pomegranate, cranberry, mango, etc.....

For liquors, if you have any triple sec (Cointreau, Grand Marnier), flavored schnapps (Peach!!!, blueberry, passion fruit, Guava)- I add about half a shot or less (a capful) of any flavor.  You can always add more, but a little Scnhapps  goes a long way!

Also, wonderful to add to your sangria is fresh or frozen fruit!  Blackberries or frozen strawberries are good.  I personally love adding frozen peaches or mango!

I use roughly 2/3 wine to 1/3 juice if the wine is ok tasting. If the taste is pretty bad, I will do half and half or more.  The flavor combination is up to you, and the possibilities are endless!  If it tastes not quite right, I have found the fresh lemon or lime does wonders!

So, next time your wine tastes bad- pour it over some ice (or in a pitcher over ice) and add... anything!  It can turn a sad wine event into a sangria Sunday... or whatever day it is!

P.S.
Adding sprite is not a bad thing- bubbles are yummy!

Cheers!

0 reverberations: