it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then

Culinary delights!

This has been a yummy week at the Brewton household.

Began the week with potato stew, made from leftover Christmas ham and tons of veggies!  Creamy and healthy delicious potato heaven.

Followed by a pot of spicy, Southern black eyed peas for New Year's Day.

And now a Saturday night of homemade pizza.  I am trying a to make a Sicilian pizza I saw on the travel channel.  The crust is a rolled out into a big rectangle, then you spread olive oil on it.  Directly on top of the crust, you place slices of fresh mozzarella.  The cheese is topped by a simple sauce of tomatoes and basil, which is finished with a sprinkling of parmigiana cheese.  Apparently, the crust and the cheese form a cheesy bread-type vessel to deliver the sauce, soggy crust free.

For me, the hardest part of this pizza is maintaining the simplicity.  I am prone to season food heavily, at times, excessively.  So, I am working on appreciating the simplicity of beautiful flavor combinations, such as tomato, basil, and mozzarella.

Confession: I have already added red wine to the tomato sauce and some chopped fresh garlic to the crust- but I am doing my best not to add any crushed red pepper, cayenne, oregano... etc.

P.S.
I think the best part of the cooking this evening is that I am wearing 3 inch heels and my leopard print apron.  I don't know why I like playing dress up to cook dinner? It's just good fun!

0 reverberations: