it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then

Quick and Dirty Margarita in a Mason Jar

One of my favorite indulgences.  Quick and dirty recipe below.

Get a mason jar with a lid and fill it with ice.  Add about a shot and a half of tequila.

I like to infuse the tequila with peppers.  The recipe for that is very simple.  Slice peppers, add to tequila, let sit for a few weeks.  Jalapenos, green chiles- whatever you like will work!  The amount of seeds left intact is directly proportional to the heat generated in the tequila.
Back to our quick and dirty margarita, next I squeeze about 3 - 4 limes into the jar, depending on how juicy they are and how limey I want it to taste.  If I have an orange I squeeze one of those in also. If not, a splash of oj will do just fine.
 Orange liqueur such as triple sec or cointreau is welcome, of course, but this is my quick and dirty recipe- so I am not including it as a requirement.
Then I fill the jar to about two centimeters below the lip with water.  Now, I add about a tablespoon (or two depending on your taste) of sugar.  A nice dash of sea salt and cayenne pepper.  If you have olive juice, a dash of that is magic also.  Then put the lid on and shake vigorously until the sugar is dissolved and the margarita is cold, cold, cold!

Taste.  Adjust is needed.  Taste again.  Enjoy !      :)

1 reverberations:

cls said...

Quick. Dirty. Margarita. Three of my favorite words.