it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then

Pizza of my dreams!

Oh my, oh my, oh my!  That pizza I cooked last night was everything I dreamed it would be!  I even managed to stick to the simple ingredients!  Heaven, it was pizza heaven!  Cheesy, saucy, delicious pizza heaven!

I think the simple sauce was a key component,  it was a can of tomato sauce, a can of tomato paste, a can of diced tomatoes and about a cup of red wine simmered together until the alcohol cooked out and it thickened slightly.  Then at the last minute I added about a cup (measure was pre-chopping) of chopped fresh basil from the garden.  It was simple, but perfect on the pizza!  Very bold tomato flavor and hey, tons of beta-carotene and lycopene for your health!

Now the pics:

I know here you may think it looks soggy, but so not!  The crust is crispy and not effected at all by the loads and loads of sauce on the pizza.


The pizza in its entirety, minus four pieces already eaten.  You can see the steam rising off of it, now if only this was in Smell-O-Vision because, oh man, did it smell amazing!  And these pics do not do it justice!

The pizza was pretty healthy, whole wheat crust, no meat, not greasy at all.  You might be able to substitute the fresh mozzarella for shredded low fat mozzarella, but I don't know for sure if it would keep the crust from getting soggy.  Maybe next time I will do half and half with the cheese and see if there is any difference.

Now, I have some doggies waiting to go for a walk in the park, a ballet workout to complete, a bathroom to clean and then ... the garage to clean.  Better get moving, fueled by leftover pizza, I can accomplish anything!

1 reverberations:

Tyly said...

It looks AMAZING!!!