it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then

Karma: A Saturday morning bitchfest


You know what they say about karma, she's a bitch.  Or maybe I am- I dunno, but somebody's definitely a bitch.

When I was younger, I used to be a lot more moody than I am these days.  I certainly had times when I ran hot and cold with people I dated. And now its my turn to get taken for a ride.  Up and down, up and down- I think I am getting motion sickness.

The problem is that I am not nearly as patient and understanding as people who may have put up with me in the past.   I am pretty much the opposite of patient and understanding.  Now that I have myself all figured out and understood, I want to be with a person who is one the same page.  No pouting, no yelling, no endless apologies- just a smooth, easy ride.  That's all, and I don't think that is too much to ask.

And since that isn't too much to ask, how about a person who doesn't break plans with you to drink with their friends because they told you they would stop drinking excessively.  I would think the realization
that drinking makes you act like a giant asshole to the person you are supposed to care about would be reason enough to not ever want to drink.

But, it is not for some people.  And I think that is ridiculous.

I also think that people who cancel dinner plans with someone they haven't seen all week to go drinking don't deserve the opportunity to ruin another evening.

And karma may be a bitch, but this girl is not about to be somebody's bitch.

5 reverberations:

Tyly said...

I don't think you are being bitchy at all. I totally agree with everything you've said. If you know drinking makes you an asshole, then stop. If you care about someone, you don't break plans with them to drink, especially not when you haven't seen each other in a while. I'm sorry you are dealing with this. And I'm just going to be nosy and ask if this is C we're talking about, or someone after him? I know you were working on reconciliation with someone, but I wasn't sure if it was him. I totally admit that I'm being way nosy, so feel free to tell me to mind my own business! :)

On an unrelated note, I love the new header you made for your blog!

Rae said...

Thanks Tyly- I didn't want to have such a big picture, but it kept coming out that way and I eventually gave up!

For the boy, not him- we are just friends now.

I have been seeing someone off and on for a little over a year now, and sadly it hasn't been a very smooth ride. Which is too bad bc on paper, things look good.

Tyly said...

It does suck when it seems that things should work out so perfectly, but in reality, it isn't so easy.

It's cliche and never easy to hear, but things always work out the way they are meant to! :)

cls said...

I'm with you. If it's not an easy, smooth ride...forget about it! How annoying!!

relationships should enhance your life, not make it all complicated. ya know?

Unknown said...

A 19th century German general said, "All skill is in vain if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket." If you live by that, Karma can't touch you.