it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then

Literal loss of speech

A couple weeks ago,  I suddenly found myself inspired and quickly hammered out what I imagined to be a very touching, heartfelt toast for my father's upcoming birthday celebration (tomorrow).  As I begin to pack my weekend bag, the darn thing is absolutely no where to be found!

Now I love my dad, so an off the cuff toast would not exactly be hard to throw together on the spot, but what I wrote before says all of the things we always mean to tell people we love, but sometimes forget.  Like how they have changed our lives by being themselves.  Or how we hope we can be the same kind of giving, loving person they are.  Or how their words have guided us down the right path in life.

I better get back to looking, I have to get on the road in a few short hours!

2 reverberations:

Nicole said...

Oh no! I hope you find it!

Tyly said...

I hope you find it!!!!